Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Latest, and a bedtime story:)

Little Girl Amato (the one in my belly) has been very active! I've been feeling lots of little (and some really big) kicks, and Andy has felt a few too! We are getting excited, and time is flying by. I can't believe I am due in just over 3 months!

We're getting the house ready for baby #2, and the biggest change so far is that Abby moved into her brand new "big girl room" on Sunday. She was so excited to see a brand new crib just for her, and her purple chair, and toys and books! Her walls are blue and her furniture is white. Abby can't wait to show you herself! She loves to show it off.

Thankfully, she's transitioned into her new room very easily and has been sleeping through the night. Tonight she had some extra energy, so I decided to tell her a bedtime story. It worked like a charm. She's growing up! If anyone wants to read it, here it is. I had to write it down so I don't forget! :)

"Where's Mark the Bear?" by Mommy

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Abby. Abby was looking for her cuddly friend, Mark the Bear, and decided to go for a walk through the forest to find him.

Abby climbed a tree hoping to spot Mark the Bear, but couldn't see him anywhere. She came across her forest friend, Mr. Bunny. "Excuse me, Mr. Bunny. I am looking for my friend, Mark the Bear. Have you seen him?"  

Mr. Bunny said "Hello Abby. Why yes, I saw a bear. He was big and brown, and looked really sleepy. He went that way."

Abby walked in the direction Mr. Bunny sent her. She climbed over tree branches, and skipped down trails, and soon she came upon her forest friend, Mr. Ducky. "Excuse me, Mr. Ducky. I am looking for my friend, Mark the Bear. Have you seen him?" 

Mr. Ducky said "Hello Abby. Yes, I saw a bear. He was big and brown, and he was carrying a blanky. He went that way."

Abby thought, why would Mark the Bear have a blanky? She had better find him so she could ask! Abby continued in the direction Mr. Ducky sent her. She ran up a big hill, and danced in some puddles, and as she approached a big field, she came upon her friend, Miss Grasshopper. "Excuse me, Miss Grasshopper. I am looking for my friend, Mark the Bear. Have you seen him?"  

Miss Grasshopper said "I think I saw your friend. Is he big?"

"Yes," said Abby.

"Is he brown?" asked Miss Grasshopper.

"Yes!" said Abby.

"He is right over there in the grass! He walked by just a moment ago, and was humming a lovely lullabye."

Abby spotted Mark the Bear! "Yes, that is him. Thank you, Miss Grasshopper!"She ran toward Mark the Bear, and shouted "I found you!" But Mark the Bear was asleep in the grass.

Abby yawned. She suddenly realized, she was looking for him for so long, that she became tired too. So she lay down in the grass next to her big, brown, cuddly friend, Mark the Bear, and fell fast asleep.

Sweet Dreams, Abby:)

1 comment: